Many years ago, a client asked me how much experience I had. Then he challenged me with this question. “Are you sure that you don’t have one-year experience that you have used over and over for 20 years?” As I continue to grow as an individual, husband, instructor, presenter, colleague and friend, I always strive to improve through honest, thoughtful communication.
Currently, I live in Orlando, Florida since December of 2016 with my wife Rachael.
- 2017 – Host on a weekly internet TV show, Beyond Clean with Dave.
- 2016 – Left St. Louis after 30 years and headed to Orlando, where I became Education Director at the A.C.E. Academy of Cleaning Excellence.
- 2015 – Earned the designation of Accredited Certification Trainer through ISSA.
- 2013 – Rolla Public Schools, which I had worked with for over 20 years, earns Silver Award from American Schools and University
- 2011 – Progress continued with the addition to my career as President of GCI, the Green Clean Institute. I was happy to be instrumental in Columbia Public Schools was awarded the Grand Award in K-12 Schools from American School and University.
- 2010 – I am honored to be a part of program that has helped Columbia Public Schools to receive the BEST NEW PROGRAM AWARD for School Districts from the 2010 Green Cleaning Award for Schools & Universities. This award is sponsored by the American School & University magazine, The Green Cleaning Network, and Healthy Schools Campaign.
- 2008 – I had the pleasure of sitting on the committee that formed the Missouri Green Cleaning Guidelines for Schools, which are part of the Missouri State Law.
- 2009 – The International Sanitary Supply Association certified me as a Green Cleaning Professional. Now with this information in hand, I conduct Green Cleaning Audits to help set a foundation for starting better “Cleaning for Health” programs.
- 2008 – I had the pleasure of sitting on the committee that formed the Missouri Green Cleaning Guidelines for Schools, which became part of the Missouri State Law in 2009.
- 2006 – Thomkatt Creations, LLC was formed and through this avenue I took my knowledge and abilities to speak to custodial staff, management individuals and salespeople alike, across Missouri and outside the “Show Me State”.
- 2007 – The Missouri Association of Rural Education saw what I and Rachael was doing with our education program and asked us to provide it to their membership. Every summer for 4 years we toured Missouri schools who wanted to participate in the MARE Custodial Workshops.
- 1986 – I left the services aspect of this industry and that fall, I drove into St. Louis and interviewed janitor supply distributors as if I was going to start a new janitor service. One company treated me the way I wanted. I went back to them and asked them for a job doing for others what they were prepared to do for me. OK Vacuum was where I stayed for 18 years as an outside consultant.
- 1982 – I became the owner of my own building maintenance service, Maintenance Plus. I eventually employed over 50 people. During the next four years our crews maintained the floors in 55 Wal-Mart stores across the state of Oklahoma. We performed nightly service on hundreds of buildings in the Tulsa area until we focused solely on floors.
- 1972 My career chose me. I was in 9th grade and the custodian had an accident which brought the principal to me with a proposition. I took the ring of keys and started cleaning.